About Me

My photo
I belong to a great community called Etsy. Etsy is a place to sell all things handmade, supplies and vintage items.

MonkeyBuns' New Website

Friday, July 11, 2008

My Baby Started Daycare and I Survied

Yesterday my baby, okay he's almost two, started daycare. This is something that I've struggled with myself and with my husband. My husband has been trying to get Anthony in daycare for some time now. I've always stayed home with him and it just plain hurt my heart to think that someone else would care for my baby. Naturally I was also paranoid that he'd be hit, learn to swear or hate it. I think that's the first time mom in me. Lately I've gotten to the point in my jewelry business that I just need more time to work without little bead loving fingers touching everything. So yesterday was the big day. I got up bathed Anthony, got him breakfast and took a shower. I was doing great and felt we had made a good decision. I toured the daycare center and met the staff; both were great. I was fine while we got in the car and for half of the 7 minute drive. At the last stop sign before I had to drop him off I just started to loose it. I managed to pull myself together to sign him in. I took him to his Snoopey room to drop him off. All the kids were having so much fun playing ring around the rosie. I thought to myself keep it together lady. Then Anthony started to bawl and scream Mama no Mama no!! Next thing you know we're clingy together both of us bawling like we'd never see each other again. It was so hard to hand him over and have to leave while he was screaming Mama. I left the room only to be greeted by the older kids getting ready to go to swimming lessons. They actually pointed at me and asked what was wrong with me. Which of course only made me cry worse because I was so embarrassed. Then I had to go to Hobby Lobby to get a clasp to finish up a bracelet. I managed to get a lot done yesterday after I got through my break down. I spent 10 minutes on the phone with my mom telling her how awful of a person I was for abandoning my son when he was scared. I'm lucky to have a great friend who recently had to take her daughter to daycare too and a great street team in the Jets to get me through. My husband called from work to check on him and he was just fine. When I went to pick him up he was napping and still alive. I guess we both made it through one of the toughest days.

This is one of the pieces I did yesterday. I started Honey while on vacation last week. I finished her up yesterday. When the sun hits this bracelet it shimmers so nice.
Sandy Waves is another bracelet I completed yesterday. Sandy Waves is a mixture of two of my most popular bracelets, Oil Spill and Copper Elegance, both of which have found new homes. This bracelet is really a great mix of Sand and Waves just like a day at the beach.

Though I was very productive in starting another project, completing two bracelets and almost finishing a third, yesterday was still rough. I know over time Anthony and I will both adjust.


Leah said...

love the bracelets!

Made By Tammy said...

What a Horrible Day, but it does get better! I've been there three times now and its not easy. Some how we all survive. The best part for you is...out of this day came Two Fabulous Bracelets!


Beadsme said...

I bet day care was fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh my sweet friend, my heart breaks for you and I understand completely!! I hate to say that it doesn't get any easier. I sent my 17 year old off to NYC for a few weeks this summer and balled my eyes out! The great thing is that they do more than just survive, they appreciate the kind of mom's we are and in turn become charming, wonderful men beholden to their moms! :) So hang in there... it's a wonderful ride!!

Become a Facebook Fan

MonkeyBuns on Facebook